9/20/12

Vintage finds

A little post on some of the vintage goodies I scored back in August from three different antique stores in the town where my parents live.

Pictured:

 Vintage ceramic deer figurines: $4.00 for the pair
 
Vintage millinery: $1.00 for the 1940s green velvet fascinator 
and $5.00 for the black velvet hat.

 Vintage 1970s handmade crocheted cream-daisy afghan bedspread cover 
(fits our king size bed): $20.00

Cast iron owl trivets set of six (one large five small): $3.99 A steal!!

Vintage drinking glasses, squirrel and deer prints: $4.00 for the two
(I should have filled the glasses up with soy milk 
so the print would show better... oh well)
 
Vintage Cookie cutters: Christmas variety, $1.00 for the bag of five, 
and Moon shaped cutters, silver metal $5.00 orange metal $1.00 



Not pictured: Vintage artwork for Ezra's nursery- $1.00 each (will post when his nursery is complete), three vintage (Western) dessert cook books $1.00 each, vintage coffee mug $1.00, two matching ornate oval frames- repurposed $8.00 for the pair (will post when our living room is completely decorated).

Its funny how many cast iron owl trivets I've "liked" on Etsy but just could not bring myself to purchase. Same goes for the vintage deer figurines. I'm very pleased with this vintage finds haul. So, I am glad I didn't overpay for these items on Etsy! Also, upon unpacking my kitchen things, I realized I only had two vintage Christmas cookie cutters. So glad that I purchased these, for I thought I had more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, darling reader! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate it and I always try to reply to every comment. Thank you for visiting my blog!
xo