10/19/12

Better After: the small things


Better After: the small things


 I adore before and after projects! It doesn't matter if its small things like I posted, furniture upcycle, or complete home renovations- I love seeing before an after pictures! These are just a couple if items that I've found that I thought could have major potential. Decorating on a budget or just being thrifty. It's amazing what a little bit of spray paint can do!
xo
 
  1. Original: brown ceramic owl figurines (a set), free.  Upcycled: spray painted a glossy white. I'm using these cute little owls for my autumn decor as well as for my Christmas decor.
  2. Original: set of two gold oval ornate frames with the same framed bird picture; I paid $4 for the pair. Upcycled: spray painted satin black and new steampunk pictures added. The pictures can be changed for the seasons, or a change of mind in decor aesthetic. It's too bad that one of the bird pictures was badly sun-bleached because they were kind of charming. 
  3. Original: two super shiny and super tacky early 90's candle sconces with matching gold ornate shelf (from Home Interiors I'm sure), free. Upcycled: spray painted flat/satin black to mimic cast iron. Now they match everything I own perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, darling reader! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate it and I always try to reply to every comment. Thank you for visiting my blog!
xo