11/17/12

Recipe:Vegetable Lime Chickpea Chili

Vegetable Lime Chickpea Chili






  Lately I've been trying out new recipes. The fact that my husband works at an organic grocery store contributed to my new found hobby. This past weekend I had the chance to cook for my family, feeding six people. This was my first time to not only eat vegetable lime chickpea chili but also to make it. Below are the ingredients and directions from Two Peas and Their Pod blog. I omitted a couple of ingredients (omitted the mushrooms and used a smaller can of diced tomatoes) and changed the directions a little bit (I cooked the squash and zucchini together then the peppers with the onion and garlic). For the broth I used this recipe, a broth I made recently. All other ingredients I used were fresh organic. It turned out amazing!


6-8 servings; cook time 20mins
gluten free, vegetarian, vegan.


Ingredients: 
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/2 cups finely chopped white onion
1 1/2 cups chopped zucchini
1 1/2 cups yellow squash
1 cup chopped mini sweet peppers
1 8-ounce package baby bella mushrooms, sliced
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 15-ounce cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
2 cups vegetable broth
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
3 tablespoons lime juice
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Directions:
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, zucchini, yellow squash, sweet peppers, and baby bells and cook, stirring, until tender, 5-8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the chickpeas, tomatoes, broth, cilantro, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper, stir to combine and cook until hot, about 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until ready to serve.



sources:
image 1 & intro - Annalee Hodges of stardust & tinsel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, darling reader! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I do appreciate it and I always try to reply to every comment. Thank you for visiting my blog!
xo